Didn't make it? Don't worry you can still see this years program below.
Hope to see you til next years Sustainability Festival!
Sustainability Market September 8th Utzonparken (the park near Utzon Center) 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
1) From scrap to robot – when you dig up a dump site // DGE Miljø- og ingeniørfirma
2) Cooperation and communities on food, sustainability, ecology, and student involvement // Egholm Organic Island + LOMA
3) Aalborg’s own pantry // Egholm Folkefarm
4) Students from Højvangskolen print 3D models in recycled plastic // Skoleforvaltningen
5) Meet The National Association of Practical Ecology // Landsforeningen Praktisk Økologi
6) Packaging – how much do you use? // Alternativet
7) Unique design, produced in collaboration with young people with special needs // Socialøkonomiske Ruth
8) A part of the circuit // Ragn-Sells
9) Soup Kitchen for beginners // 1000fryd
10) Sustainable Jewelry // TheaMelgaard.dk
11) What is the biggest problem in the world and locally? // Aid Evaluator
12) What can YOU do? // Circ.eco
13) 100% sustainable clothing for men and women // Fairfair.dk
14) 100% sustainable fish // SushiMania XO
15) How much water does your t-shirt use? // Pargaard
16) The enjoyment of work is something we can improve – the only expense is your time // Krifa
17) Denmark’s Vegan Society and the Alliance of Animals // The Vegan City
18) “Green Light” makes a big difference // CO2LIGHT
19) Guess a development and sustainability goal, catch a duck, and win a ticket // Aalborg Congress and Culture Center
20) Aalborg Municipality’s green institutions, ages 0-5 // Aalborg Municipality
21) Less meat more green // Greenpeace
22) A healthy life is also a sustainable life // Sundhed- og Kulturforvaltningen
23) Are you bubbling too? // Boblberg.dk
24) UN Youth Union & Aalborg Clean-up // UNYA
25) The hidden resources // VoksenBøgen
26) Take a responsibility when it comes to our climate // UngEnergi
27) Recycled furniture // By Oak
28) Stop the waste of textile – give it new life instead // Sanne Falk Design
29) Iron balls, recycled iron, and sustainability // Havekunst
30) Delicious sustainable lifestyle – less plastic, more ecology // I LOVE GREEN
31) QUIZ – Is agriculture sustainable? Try and feel if you can feel any difference // Agri Nord
32) The world’s most sustainable leather jacket // Better World Fashion
33) Sustainable arts and crafts // Råt&Godt
34) A sustainable municipality is also a safe municipality // Tryg Aalborg and North Jutland Police department
35) Plastic Change // Plastic Change
36) The journey from tablecloth to a shopping net // S.E.P Nord – Social Economic company
37) Sustainable cleaning // Sjöberg & Simonsen
38) Protect the environment with recycled electronic // Data Market
39) Sustainable Danish Glasses // MonkeyGlasses
40) Renewed life to old things // Bagagerumsmarked
41) North Jutlands most sustainable Housing Association // Himmerland Boligforening
42) Sustainable and organic food // Enhedslisten
43) Energy savings with intelligent heat management and visualization // Neogrid Technologies
44) House of Energy // House of Energy
45) Solutions to save water – toilets, showers, and sinks // EcoBETA
46) Drinking water and groundwater protection - a vital task // Aalborg Forsyning
47) Suitable sewer conduct // Aalborg Forsyning
48) Fair Trade and Organic Clothing // Fair To WEAR
49) Sustainable swaps // Denmark's Nature Conservation Association
50) BuyNatures Sustainable Bazaar // BuyNature
51) Sustainable hotdogs // PMU Catering
52) Organic Fairtraide coffee, tea, and cocoa // Kaffeexpressen
53) Recycle your plastic – Aalborg Forsyning
54) Recycle your plastic – RenoNord
HONØRKAJEN and TOLDBOD PLADS
55) How does Aalborg Fjordhave cultivate mussels? // Aalborg Fjordhaver
56) Eat slow in Aalborg // Klit Gastro Aps
57) Cargo Bike Event – track competition and pimp your cargo bike // Cyclists’ Federation
58) Have a trial run on bike from Aalborg Bike Library // The cyclist’s city
59) Make Aalborg Municipality greener // Sustainability and Development, Aalborg Municipality
60) Eternal tailwind on an electrical bike // Uggerhøj A/S
61) Sustainable cars of the future // N.O. Jensen A / S
62) Hybrid – Plug in and Hydro cars // SDKbiler
63) The Electric Vehicle Association FDEL // Electric Vehicle Association FDEL
64) Try out an electrical car // Kør Rent
65) Sustainable fun on a two wheeled ride // Segway Nord
66) BoxTown – Local and organic experiences // BoxTown
Green experiences along Aalborg Waterfront
The sustainable solutions of the future
September 8th-15th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Exhibition of graduate projects from the master degree Architecture & Design. How does the future’s healthy and sustainable houses look? It will display how the relationship between city, buildings, and land creates new relations. You will even get to experience a project regarding settlement structures on Mars and how they became. Come and see the many different ideas and suggestions to a more sustainable future.
Organizer: Architecture & Design, AAU
Cube:3 Make life greener with moss graffiti
Workshop, September 8th-9th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Do you want to make a letter or a symbol out of moss to display on the wall? Then you need to visit the workshop on the Waterfront where Signe Højmark from Future Rooms will help everyone create a beautiful green moss decorations. You will get to create a template and build figures in moss to bring home with you afterwards. You need to encounter about 30 minutes for the free, open workshop. You do not need to bring anything. Exhibition throughout the week.
Organizer: Future Rooms.
Cube:4 Nomadic Platform for Eco-Economic Futures
September 8th-15th from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
All are welcome to join the opening event for "Nomadic Platform for Eco-Economic Futures" - a new temporary public artwork by artist Scott William Raby presented in association with KUNSTHAL NORD. The event marks the opening of the installation and research platform, which will be open to the public during the festival. During the week, the artist will occupy the artwork daily from kl. 10-16 to engage in dialogue with the public about art, ecology, and new economic futures. Mostly in English.
Organizer: Scott William Raby
Experience how the Waterfront will become greener with green footsteps- and moss paths from Future Rooms
Cube:2 Swap your toys
Instead of throwing the toys you do not use anymore out, come and swap with someone else’s toy. Drop by – we will have a blast.
September 8th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Utzon Parken and Honnørkajen.
Together we can make each other greener.
Come and place your handprint on a huge canvas and help make us all greener.
Cube:5 Detox Box
September 8th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Step into a bubble with a calming energy and time to be grounded more. Leave your troubles and stress behind and live in the moment. A detox trip from your everyday stress so you can go out and meet both strangers, friends, and family with renewed energy and kindness. Exhibition all week. #SocialSustainability #ElskAalborg
Organizer: Elsk Aalborg
The compliment box
Give a compliment to a stranger in Elsk Aalborg’s compliment box
September 8th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Toldbod Plads
See a fiord garden on land.
Exhibitions throughout the week.
Organizer: Aalborg Fjordhaver
The future is green
Walking tours along the Waterfront – All days
Experience the opening of the Energy Museum’s brand new exhibition: “The future is green. The Future is Danish”. The exhibition is a tribute to green ideas and will display 24 of the most exciting green projects, which is underway at Danish Universities and companies. The exhibition will be touring the country in 2019.
Organizer: The Energy Museum
Try out wheelchair basket
September 8th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Aktivitetspladsen
You can come and try riding a wheelchair through a challenging agility course or participate in a wheelchair basketball tournament. You can also hear about what it entails to be an athlete with a disability. Para sport is for everyone and focuses on mixing the social aspect with a strong commitment to the sport.
Organizer: IH Aalborg, GAME Streetmekka and Wolturnus
Cube:1 Learn about the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
September 8th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. come meet the UN Federation North Jutland and expand your knowledge on how you more specifically can contribute in your everyday life. There will also be a quiz and prizes! Exhibition throughout the week.
Organizer: UN Federation North Jutland
Sustainable boat trip on the fiord
September 8th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Østre Havn the dock by the bridge. Come and try a FREE boat trip in a GoBoat – be your own captain.
INGA and Student Talks
At the opening day of the Sustainability Festival, the International Network of Green Agents will be introducing themselves, by presenting the outcome of the previous semesters and their goals for the future. The two-hour program also includes a collaborative event with Student Talks, where four students talk about a sustainability project or initiative that they are involved in.
Organizer: International Network of Green Agents
Tuesday 11. of september
Dreaming of starting your own business with a sustainable angle?
Do you have a dream of starting your own business, or being a part of a startup, but maybe you are not completely sure about what starting up your own business actually entails? If so, come and learn more about entrepreneurship, and how to create a sustainable business.
Lyras, last year’s winner of the entrepreneurship event “Løvens Grønne Hule”, will tell about their experiences of starting up from an idea to an actual business. You can also hear SEA with the presentation “Startup Crash Course”. After the presentations, you will be a part of an idea-facilitating workshop.
Organizer: Network for Sustainable Business Development
Place: Green Stage, Honnørkajen
Sign up here: https://nben.nemtilmeld.dk/143/
The Nomadic Platform for Eco-Economic Futures
In this discussion, artist Scott William Raby will have an improvised dialogue via videochat with artist and collaborator Pedro Moraes (BR/IT) about his eco-economic artistic project “The Central Bank of the Sun”. The event will start with the two artists talking, but then open up to a public dialogue. This event will mark the finale for project the “Nomadic Platform for Eco–Economic Futures” – a temporary public artwork by artist Scott William Raby presented in association KUNSTHAL NORD.
Organizer: Scott William Raby
Place: Utzon Park